Back to previous page
Mina Parque - Adventure Park
Plaza del Museo, s/n
Minas de Rio Tinto (Huelva)
Tel.: +34 959 590025 - Fax: +34 959 591074
Coast: Costa de la Luz|
20 % discount on regular rates.|
|This park offers extraordinary sights to its visitors:|
- Corta Atalaya: a spectacular travel to the center of earth. This is the largest opencast mine in all Europe, with an extension of 1200 x 900 meters and a depth of 335 meters.
- Mining Museum: this museum, unique in all Spain, gives an overview on 5000 years of history.
- Maharadja's Saloon Car: the incredibly luxurious railway car, which was used when King Alfonso XIII visited the mine.
- Historic Train: an impressive travel with a length of over 20 kilometers in this historic train from the very beginning of 20th century, along the unique eco-system of the river Rio Tinto.
- Necrópolis de la Dehesa: Roman necropolis from the 2nd century a. Chr.
- Bellavista: picturesque houses in victorian style, built for the british employees of the mine in late 19th century.
- Mining Installations: a great opportunity to know the mining process and those huge trucks which carry tons of minerals.